Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 44: 7/31/12

Today we were given a choice.  We could climb mount Davis, the highest elevation in Pennsylvania, or go an extra 3.5 miles on the same beautiful trail as yesterday.  No shortcuts for this girl...I took the trail!  It was an 80 mile day.  After the first 31 miles on the trail, the rest of the day was a lot of hills.  At mile 60, we had another option to ride an extra 7 miles to see the flight 93 memorial.  Thankfully I got to the entrance in time to ride with Gene, Reesh, and Ben in blue thunder.   Overall today was a pretty rough day so I began an eating frenzy at camp.  I had sour cream and onion chips, rice crispy treats, root beer, coke, chicken, 2 ears of corn, bread, ice cream, and a lemonade.  Oh and we finally got around to building a camp fire and making smores!!!  I have breakfast duty tomorrow, and it is supposed to be the hardest day of the ride so I need to get some rest.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment