Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 24: 7/11/12

Today we hit the half way point!  It was a nice relaxing ride today.  The weather was nice although the headwinds could have been tailwinds.  I spent a lot of time thinking, listening to music, and playing the roadkill game today.  I try to identify the animal and fires how long they have been dead.  Morbid...I know, but it's kind of hard to miss.  What I observed is that the birds in South Dakota are either stupid or suicidal.  couldn't they just fly over the cars if they wanted to get to the other side of the road?  Once I got to camp I enjoyed a huge glass of chocolate milk, set up my tent, and took a shower.  Sarah and I went into town (De Smet) to do laundry.  Four days of riding is my max since I only have for pairs of bike shorts.  Then we made a quick trip top a drugstore and a grocery store for some essentials.  Now i'm at the coffee shop where the chamber of commerce is catering our dinner.  They have wifi so I figured I should get my blog our of the way.  I fully intend to go to bed early tonight!


2 comments:

  1. You are a tough little cookie, stark wie ei tiger, from now on it's downhill, hill, heat miles and closer zum ziel.
    Can't wait to see you, love mom

    ReplyDelete