Thursday, July 12, 2012

day 25: 7/12/12

Today was surprisingly easy.  It was mostly cloudy with some light sprinkles.  The wind wasn't terrible either.  I was actually the first one into camp before 1:00.  Of course other riders had distractions like a flat tire, ice cream, or a bike shop.  i was feeling good and just kept pushing.  I think it was probably good that i made it to lunch half an hour before the creamery opened.  I helped unload the gear truck today finally since it is usually done by the time I roll into camp.  then we showered and headed to the bar.  i had a burger, tots, and a couple beers served by the bitchiest waitress.  she eventually warmed up to the group but she is the only person I have come across on this trip with a bad attitude.  then Sarah walked to the gas station with me so i could get a f'real chocolate malt.  it was delicious!  i touched up jeffrey's Mohawk when we returned to the Tyler high school.  after dinner, i met up with Richie, a friend from South padre island.  i am really looking forward to our rest.  oh i almost forgot we crossed into Minnesota today!

No comments:

Post a Comment