Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 42: 7/29/12

Today was a 62 mile ride into Pennsylvania. Again there was no state sign. I will be able to get the picture when we go into Maryland though. Heather asked me to ride with her this morning, and unfortunately she got a flat tire almost immediately out of camp. Thankfully Gene was there to help :) I know she wanted to stop early on but it was foggy and hilly. I really wanted to get to the checkpoint at mile 26 so I encouraged her to keep going. When we got to the stop, Lynn told me to continue because Heather was being sent home. I felt really bad, but I needed to continue. Not to far down the road I ran into Ben and Reesh who were waiting for me. I really thought that was great so I bought them both lunch. It was another early day into camp. Some people got a ride into town, but I just wanted to hang out at camp. I really needed to catch up on my blogs ;)  Dinner was catered and yummy, but so was the brisket that Steve and Rick bought Gene and I when we picked then up from the bbq joint in town.  I'm also looking forward to a campfire and smores tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment