Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 40: 7/27/12

Today was a 93 mile ride from Sandusky to Burton.  We rode through Cleveland today which is where Liz is from.  It was great because her family hosted the lunch stop.  Luckily we got there and ate before the storm blew in.  We waited it out under a bathroom awning before continuing.  Liz was our tour guide as we ate our way through Cleveland.  We stopped in the west side for coffee, in little Italy for lunch number 2, at on the rise for fresh baked goods, and of course the rock and roll hall of fame for some pics.  My mp3 player fell off in front of blue thunder, and Gene went back to get it for me.  Unfortunately, it didn't sound the same.  Looks like no more music for me.  At camp I enjoyed a couple summer shandy beers while Gene changed my tube and replaced a tire for me.  Steve, another friend from Padre, came out to visit.  He joined us for dinner at tom and jerrys.  It was great to see him since Florida may get him this year.  Another great day on the big ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment