Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 43: 7/30/12

Today was an 87 mile ride from Washington to confluence PA.  A large portion of todays ride was on a bike trail so that meant that we had limited access to our support.  The trail was packed limestone, which made for a rough ride but the scenery more than made up for it.  I wanted to stop and take pictures everywhere.  I called it the magical forest.  At one point a deer jumped across the path right in front of us.  There were beautiful wooden bridges, walls of rocks, running water, and tall trees.  It was nice to be shaded.  I was jealous of the people I saw kayaking, rafting, and canoeing.  I wonder if they were jealous of me riding my bike...uh....probably not.  Fred Husak, a 2000 alumni hosted a lunch for us that was great.  Thanks to him and his family.  Near the end of the ride some people decided to go see falling water, a frank Lloyd wright house.  I opted not to go because it was an extra 3.5 miles up a steep climb, plus after 4 days of riding I was desperate to do laundry.  I took a shower, enjoyed $12 night at the lucky dog, then went into town to find a laundromat.  Quiet time sneaks up fast.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment