Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 27: 7/14/12

I woke up happy to not be hung over, but so unbelievably hot!  This school has no air conditioning.  My bud-dy Brian drove to New Ulm this morning to come see me.  We had breakfast at the Ulmer Cafe with Reesh and Doron.  After breakfast, Brian and I went to climb the Hermann the German statue (about 100 steps).  My legs were hurting a little.  We stopped by the dorm for a moment before continuing on to the schell brewery.  We went on the noon tour along with Rob, Mike, Doron, and Todd.  It was very interesting, and a lot of fun!  I got some great souvenirs.  Next Brian and I went out for lunch where I could try schell shock...a grapefruit beer.  it was delicious, and so was the Philly steak pizza.  We left 3 minutes before 3 so we had to run to the glockenspiel for the show.  Brian is in quite good shape, but hey my legs are tired.  we stopped in a couple more places including the guten tag haus before he drove me back to the dorm.  I really had another great day.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Shelly and the girls could have come.  I'll have to make another trip up here soon.  I took a nap for awhile or tried to in this heat.  Gene, Sarah, Reesh, and I went to burger king for dinner.  I destroyed two cheeseburgers and a bunch of fries.  I am really shocked by the amount of food I can eat, and that I'm always hungry.  Well I should pack up my laundry and try to get to sleep.  I'm excited to see Troy and Kathy tomorrow!  Thanks again to Brian for a truly amazing day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment