Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 22: 7/9/12

Some things I have noticed about South Dakota...I am apparently allergic to something.  I woke up in the middle of the night having sneezing fits.  They say there are more cows than people in South Dakota, but I would venture to say there are more grasshoppers than cows...even after the hundreds I ran over with my bike.  I also got bit in the knee by am unidentifiable black bug that hurt like hell.  The sky was a perfect blue, and the clouds even looked fake.  After 96 miles of rolling hills we made it in to a middle school in Pierre...the state capital.  Our was a hot day which always makes me feel now tired.  After forcing myself to shower we went to long branch for dinner and beers.  I will be seeing family in highmore tomorrow, and i'm so excited!!!!  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl, that big black bug was a horse fly. Uncle Leo, Grandma June, and Grandpa Edgar r so excited to c u. Yes, the clouds look fake at times. Did u notice the sun doesn't go down until 9:30? Dad and I r proud, we will c u soon. Have fun and we love u! Dad and Stepmom Nel

    ReplyDelete