Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 19: 7/6/12

Well today was interesting.  The first 40 miles were a bunch of killer hills.  I probably would have been cursing them out more if the well had not already thrown me so many challenges.  At lunch, Ben, Reesh,, and I decided to eat in Custer.  It was a cute touristy town, and I enjoyed a second breakfast of steak and eggs.  The next 20 miles reminded me why hills are not so bad...downhills.  It was great!  They were long and winding...also not bad scenery.  The last 20 miles though looked a lot like yesterday.  Strong headwinds and rolling hills.  At one point I think Ben and I were blown to a screeching halt.  We finally made it.  I immediately showered and did laundry before dinner knowing tomorrow is going to be a busy day of.  I made a to do list.  After dinner Sarah and I watched crazy stupid love.  I am also really glad to have Molly back with us!  Well the van leaves at 7:30 for breakfast and Mt Rushmore.  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Im so happy, I got to talk to you yesterday,It was so good to hear you,you sounded so happy and your are enjoying your self thats wonderful,
    I would love to see a 20 mile downhill, maybe someday we to it together lol.Enjoy Mt. Rushmore tomorrow, another place I love to see take some pic's for my album and stay cool....
    Love you Pumkin:-O

    ReplyDelete