Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 33: 7/20/12

We had a later start today because we had to wait for the cafeteria to open.  It was worth the wait though because they had some great blueberry pancakes!  We rode 94 miles to get from Madison to garden prairie/belvedere.  It was disappointing that I realized I packed my music in my bag on the truck :(  A big thanks to Jim for the dairy queen and alcohol...that made it better that I didn't have music.  Of course I waited until I got into camp at 3:30 to enjoy the alcohol.  I decided to get in the pool for a bit since my dad had not even left yet.  Dinner started at 5:30.  Dad, Nel, and Dave got there around then.  We talked to some German tourists traveling on a cool bus, had dinner, then went back to camp.  We set Dave up since he was staying, took some pictures, and visited for a bit.  I felt like our time was cut short because tomorrow brings a 107 mile day and an early start.  I needed to go to bed.  I was really glad to see my dad and Nel, and I am so thankful they were willing to drive out to see me!!!  Love you guys :)


No comments:

Post a Comment