Saturday, July 14, 2012

day 26: 7/13/12

Friday the 13th.  We rode 87 miles from Tyler to New Ulm today.  While riding today a truck in front of me lost both rear tires.  It crossed the shoulder and the Axel dragged in the gravel for some distance creating a large cloud of dust.  It was actually quite scary, and i'm glad I was 50 feet or so behind the truck.  That could have really taken me out.  When I got into town, I just relaxed until we got a disappointing dinner.  I went downtown for dinner number 2 which was a much better Weiner schnitzel.  Then let the drinking begin.  I started with 3 different glasses of wine and a grasshopper.  Then we went to Rodneys Tavern where I had a couple of beers, a vodka tonic, and a lemon drop shot.  At least I didn't mix!!!  It was after midnight when Sarah, Reesh, and I decided to tackle that hill home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment