Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 23: 7/10/12

Today was the best day of my ride yet!!!  The first 50 miles of my ride seemed to fly by because I was so excited to get to Highmore.  I'm pretty sure I just dropped my bike when I saw uncle Leo and team to give him a hug.  He brought lunch meat which was amazing!  A lady from the newspaper came to take pictures.  I'm really excited to read the article.  Grandma June and grandpa Edgar brought lemonade and desserts.  I had not seen them for 16 years...way too long.  I really wanted to go with them and see the farm, but I still had 23 miles to go until I reached Miller.  I was very sorry to hear that grandma and grandpa had lost a friend in Miller, but we were able to have dinner together before they attended the services.  We went to Willies steakhouse and all ordered the prime rib Philly with a baked potato.  I skipped the salad bar because I am my fathers daughter.  I really had am amazing day, and everyone really enjoyed the lunch stop.  I could not be happier right now :-)

3 comments:

  1. All I can say, I'm so happy for you too, that you had another great day, and to spend a few houres with family after all this time, enjoy we love you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day you had! Love it.

    ReplyDelete