Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 9: 6/26/12

Today was a nice day off!  Of course my internal alarm clock woke me up early and I locked myself out of my room, but I eventually made my way back to bed.  We got up around 8 to get breakfast at food for thought then came back to the dorms to do laundry and clean bikes.  The weather was tricky today.  It would alternate between cold and rainy then sunny and warm.  I had pizza for lunch with Ben, Liz, Sarah, and Rick.  Sarah and I did a little shopping, and I bought a pbr bike hat that I love.  We joined everyone at 3 for an ice cream social where we met the mayor and the president/CEO of the ALA.  I went back to the dorm for a quick nap before going to  Camilo's friends house for a bbq.  Thank you to Leslie and Matt!  I'm glad Gene and I kicked ass at bags.  We beat Ben and Camilo and then Sarah and Jim.  Yet again it is time for bed...another long Ride tomorrow.  I hope my butt is ready.

1 comment:

  1. Love to read your blog's, the longer the are the better,this one was realy good,makes me feel like a part of the group, but without a sore butt lol :-0 and by the way you have a easy day tomorrow only 61 miles better enjoy
    say hello to the gang, can't wait to meet everybody, have great day riding hope the weather holds up, love mom.

    ReplyDelete