Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 12: 6/29/12

Today started a bit rough.  We had a long 12 mile climb, and got stopped by a cattle crossing.  I actually thought the crossing would be cool, but there was poop all over the road, and we were instantly attacked by what seemed like killer mosquitos.  Around mile 60 I had to wait nearly an hour for a 5 mile shuttle due to road construction.  I got a little afternoon nap in. The day was not all bad.  I did hit my fastest speed of 40.5 mph on a downhill, and did really well street the shuttle.  The tailwind helped.  For dinner we were shuttled over to a local household.  It was delicious!  Just got back, and tomorrow will be an early day.  They are predicting a hot day with a head wind, and we are doing over 90 miles again.  Looking forward to another day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment