Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 48: 8/4/12

Happy birthday dad! Final day of the big ride.  A short bittersweet 40 mile ride.  The first stop was at a Starbucks, which made Sarah happy.  A stretch after that stop was on an extremely busy bike path.  I rode with the turtles again.  We stopped to take pictures at the Washington monument when we got into DC.  We then went over to the old post office for a lunch hosted by another alumni at his Greek restaurant.  I also had to get my late night snack Ben and Jerry's.  Just before noon we lined up to ride to the finish in pairs.  As we prepared to leave, Todd got a flat.  He was at the end of the line so they had enough time to change it.  I rode with Sarah.  We rode to freedom plaza where Lynn and Charleton gave us our medals.  After some pictures, I joined three other riders for an XM radio interview.  I rode over to the state plaza hotel to check in and take a nap.  A group of us had dinner reservations at Paolos in Georgetown. Sarah, Gene, and I arrived early enough for me to find an amazing pair of purple heels from nine west.  After dinner the kids met a couple other riders and went dining and dancing at third edition.  We ended the night in a hotel room watching the Olympics.  In bed around midnight, and surprised I lasted that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment