Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 45: 8/1/12

Today was 102 miles from Bedford to Gettysburg.  It is day 6 of straight riding and it is filled with hills.  I was nervous about today because I had heard it was the hardest day of the ride.  Reesh and I decided to ride together today at a slower pace.  By the end of the day, it didn't really matter how slow I rode.  My bee sting in my toe from the previous day was swollen and painful.  I also kept forgetting to put chamois butter on.  There were some pluses to today though.  Tony, a 2008 alumni, and his son hosted lunch for us.  He grilled me a burger in the state park.  They also had make your own sundaes for us in Gettysburg with fresh peaches and mangos.  Thanks to them!  Also a big thanks to Rob's Family for the buffs.  I love it!  After getting to camp I quickly fell asleep.  It was very hard to get up for dinner, but Gene dragged me to the Appalachian brewery.  After dinner I went right back to bed.  Today was rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment